Saturday, December 18, 2010

Today's Bowl Games- 12/18/10

Today's match-ups are some of the least attractive match-ups college football could imagine. A day with three bowl games shouldn't suck so bad, which makes me think there might just be too many bowl games. I get that it means a lot to the smaller programs to go Bowling. It just doesn't seem that there should be bowl games played in front of mostly empty stadiums between teams that honestly don't deserve to be rewarded.

I don't think 6-6 should be bowl eligible period, but I get that if you want to play 34 bowl games a year* that you must allow that. However if 6-6 teams are allowed I think there should be some stricter rules about it. First, bowl eligibility should require 6 wins against FBS opponents. Also I believe 6-6 teams should have to get in line, so to speak, and not be allowed any bowl invites until every team with a record above .500 is in a bowl. The only pass around these new rules should a conference championship**.

Anyway, Here are today's match-ups and winners for them:

New Mexico Bowl:
BYU(-11) vs. UTEP
Winner: UTEP

uDrove Humanitarian Bowl: Northern Illinois(-1.5) vs. Fresno State
Winner: Fresno State

R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl Ohio(-2) vs. Troy
Winner: Ohio

Thanks for reading and please comment.

-Michael
*I expect that number to keep growing until there is a playoff.
**I'm looking at you, Sun Belt Conference***.
***Hold on, How did a FCS conference get into FBS.

No comments:

Post a Comment